Posted on 1 Comment

Candied Shells Wrap

This wrap was a test-knit for HiyaHiya Needles, and was supposed to be done in mohair initially. But having got frustrated with mohair, i switched to acrylic. The yarn was heavier, but the gauge had to be maintained, so well… I got to it. The final product turned out much heavier than I wanted, but i does keep the cold out.

Anyway, the first month was hectic, with a lot of other things cropping up onto my plate, but I finally got it done in Jan this year.

Candied Shells
Candied Shells
the close-up effect
the close-up effect
Posted on Leave a comment

Working with a Deadline


Finally my neck has some relief, and with no less enthusiasm, am back into my knitting. Right now I’m trying to get 2 projects done. The Mohair KAL, and the Winifred tunic.

I had to rip the mohair stole earlier. The problem was that I’d never knit with 4mm needles, and didn’t think to check the gauge. Next result was I had one hell of a wide stole. In fact it qualified for a jumbo shawl!!! And for those who think its easy to rip stuff up, lemme tell u, it’s not that easy with mohair. The thread is so fine, you almost end up in tears trying to get it to open up. Not to mention when you hit a snag (which, btw, you’re bound to!) The yarn is so hairy, that ripping becomes a major pain in… you’re choice of place. πŸ™

Now finally I’ve gotten on track with the stole.

I’ve called it Fresh Earth,because that’s what it reminded me of. The yarn is a muddy brown (no choice in the shop), and the design is this delicate set of curves grooving through the design. I felt like I was watching the earth being tilled and readied for seeding. It’s such a good feeling, that I had to name the design as such.

Here’s a quick preview:

Fresh Earth