This one is freshly completed, though it actually slid off my needles a couple of weeks back. Unfortunately, I’ve just not had the time to wash and block the garment, not to mentioned finish off the weaving in of threads n sewing on of buttons. But here is the finally product, and am really really thrilled with my lovely Pine Cardigan!
The design itself is a test knit run on Ravelry from the very talented designer/s Tincanknits. Its been fun, though the sleeves were boring… I mean how fun can 20 inches of stockinette be?! But the end result more than made up for it! 😀 <3
This sweater has been long time in the making. But yes, it’s been finally completed. I do thank the designer, Linda Marveng, for being nice to me by letting me take my time with this sweater.
This sweater is my first “assembled” sweater, where I’ve made all the part separately and then sewn them all together. It’s been a long journey to get it all together, and I’m really happy with the final result. 🙂
The yarn that I’ve used is a lovely variegated yarn in reds, and is of fingering weight. As is most yarn in India, this too is acrylic. The whole sweater is knit on 3.25mm and 3mm needles to give a lovely thick fabric.
After struggling to keep knitting through the last couple of weeks, I finally managed to get the biggest piece of Linda Marveng’s Regal Purple done. I’m calling it Regal, and it’s in a lovely set of reds. The yarn is from Oswal Fibers, though this is the first time I don’t see a tag on their yarns. But my LYS insists that these are Oswal’s yarns…
The reason I say biggest piece is because this is a seamed cardigan. I just finished the back. The remaining pieces are the fronts’, the sleeves and the button band. So there’s a long way to go yet.
The problem with reds is that they don’t seem to photograph well. 🙁 I havent given the shoulders in the pics, because, well, I’m not keen on a set of stitch-holders in my pics! 🙂
One more project finally has come to the completed status. I am so relieved! Now I can happily start one more! 🙂
I’d blogged about this one some time back. Finally I did manage to get another needle. But boredom had set it, and I was dragging my feet over the last few bits. Hence, the complete relief that it’s done. 😉
I started this particular cardigan on 25th March, with a deadline of 27th April.
I’m not really sure why the designer has named this cardigan so, but am going with it for now. The design is a simple ribbing, and that is all that gives this cardigan an amazingly cool look.
Unfortunately I’m about 30% done at this stage, and that’s not likely to improve too much by deadline date. Happily though, the designer has agreed that the timeline was short right at the beginning of the project. So as long as I am able to test it, and find errors along the way, sticking to deadline isn’t much of a priority to her. Unfortunately, it is for me, and I just hate missing a deadline. 🙁
Here’s my progress till date. Not much to go by, but the yarn looks great! 🙂
I sit at the end of the first Quarter of this year, and look back at my achievements… Well, well, they weren’t really very small if I say so myself!
What I did manage to finish this year was the Candied Shells wrap, and the Pink Dreams Cardigan, and a mini-project called Silk Dreams. I also did manage to finish a scarf last week, but apparently the designer has thing about not displaying the FO until she’s actually released the design, if at all! Hmphf!!! What’s the fun in testing, if I can’t show-off what I did and generate interest among people I know??!!
I also learnt how to make a good looking hand-wound ball of yarn. Yeah! That was a nice project. And that was the one thing I learnt entirely from the internet. No books, no personal guidance. It was fun!
Then, I looked at what I have on my needles… and looked. I have 4 projects going on. And one to be resurrected from languishing in the background! So lets see: I have
1 sweater to be tested before 25th of the month, of which I haven’t finished even 20%
1 shawl which was supposed to be last month
1 clutch for a KAL I signed up
the afore-mentioned WIP top : this wasn’t my fault though, the designer just woke up and remembered she’d sent me the design and yarn, and forgot that I sent it back for corrections 🙁
Ah, well, that’s my update for the day! I hope I can post some progress photos by EOD of course.
This is my first crafty blog for the year! and definitely the first one under the new URL!
Another first: this is my first commissioned project. Hope to get more soon! 🙂
This design is by Drops Design studio. Their designs are not exactly the easiest to work with, but I managed to get by with just rip-up! 😉 In all its been a great experience right from choosing the yarn color, to sewing up the buttons. Here’s to hope for more such commissions!
I started this project as my very first test knit for Shoshana Silberstien. It was supposed to complete within 1-1.5 month/s. But thanks to holidays (her’s and mine), guests at home (mine) and various other reasons, this got delayed. But here it is, finally done, edits and all! 😀