Posted on Leave a comment

Adult Winifred – Test Knit

This is one of the 3 projects due this month. This sweater/tunic was given by 15th Sept. I thought I could manage to finish it within 1 month. But health, guests and travel managed to make this a rush finish job!

The sweater
The cable design

I learnt quite a few important things:

  • Knitting Top-down Raglan shaped sweater. It was a huge concern if I would be able to do it. Yes, I can!!! πŸ˜€
  • Shaping: waist decreases and increases.
  • Contrasting colors: It doesn’t hurt to try something new, even if the design doesn’t call for it.

I started with a grey Oswal yarn which was originally earmarked for the DH. I’m not really sure why he rejected my offer to make a sweater, actually. But he did. So I decided to use it for this purpose.

The design has an option of making a sweater or increasing the length to a tunic. My only concern with it once I started knitting, was the gauge, or rather the number of stitches it necessitated :(. The sheer number of stitches per row was the main reason i just couldn’t persuade myself to finish it. It didn’t help matters that mine was one of the larger sizes, which in turn meant… u guessed it: more stitches!!!

So I finally managed to complete it to sweater length. The gray was boring me out, so added plum for a nice hem contrast.

 

Leave a Reply